As part of the Beaumont Foundation’s ongoing commitment to supporting education, the Frank and Nancy Newton Excellence in Education Award was created in 2010 to celebrate and recognize superior contributions of teachers whose leadership and dedication inspire a spirit of learning in students of all backgrounds and abilities. Six teachers will be selected annually to receive this prestigious Award in recognition of their outstanding contributions to the education system in the Panhandle of Texas. Each Award Recipient will be honored at an awards gala and receive a crystal obelisk, a portrait and $10,000.
- Newton Excellence in Education candidates must:
- Have completed five years teaching experience.
- Be a full-time classroom teacher at a public or non-public school in Lubbock County whose responsibility is the direct instruction of students.
- Complete the Foundation’s application packet by the stated deadline.
- Newton Excellence in Education candidates should exemplify the highest standards and practices of the teaching profession. These qualities include but are not limited to:
- Dedication, knowledge, and skill.
- The expertise to inspire students of all backgrounds and abilities;
- A demonstrated distinguished classroom practice;
- Professionalism and collegiality;
- High standards for themselves and their students;
- The ability to create a classroom environment conducive to learning;
- Commitment to students and their learning;
- The respect and admiration of students, parents, and colleagues;
- Contribution to the wider school community
Return to Excellence in Education Award Page